Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's called a toilet, kiddo.

Well, I can see the beginning of what I'm afraid might be a very long road. Zach is showing the first few signs of being ready to use a potty. Woohoo!!!! Oh, no!!!! Now I'm gonna be cleaning up pee spots on the carpet, and the upholstery....ok, maybe I'll actually be one of the lucky ones whose kid actually gets it right away. Hope for the best, plan for the worst? Yep, that's the idea.

Mom bought us a few books to help us figure out a plan for teaching Zach how to use the potty and what it's for. I already have 2 books I bought for him. He has a potty chair that's his size that he plays with. Heck, he's even put the floppy-eared yellow thing called Bunny on it to play. That's definitely a good sign.

We have 7 pairs of underpants that have Elmo on them and 3 pairs of training pants....not sure if I'll want to use the training pants or not, but I have them, just in case. I haven't shown them to him yet. I need to get myself prepared before I try asking him if he's ready. Yep, we need to make a plan...and that needs to not be the royal we in this case. Oh, and part of the plan will require that I buy him some more shorts that just pull on and off...no zipper, snap, or button.

No comments: