Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Clean Freak!!!

For those of you who actually have been to my house, you know that we have one room that is blocked off from both the dogs and the boys. It is technically a dining room, but we use it as our office. I have watched a nimble 3 year old climb over the baby gate, and I now dread the day that Zach figures out that he can do it. This room contains our kitchen trash can and recycle can because Zach got interested in them and I was too lazy to keep him out of them. It also has two desktop computers and a separate desk with an attached bookshelf. Under that desk, there is an extra old-style computer monitor, CPU, and the shredder. My cookbooks are on another bookshelf as well. This room is about as far from baby-proofed as you can actually get.

Now and then, I've seen Zach attempt to climb over the baby-gate. I've always been able to stop him and direct his attention elsewhere. But I know there will be a day when I'm otherwise occupied, and he'll figure out how to get in. Thus, I must clean up this room. It just so happens that this is the room that everything that isn't safe for a baby, toddler, or dogs gets dumped in. So, there really isn't much in the way of floor space right now either. All I can ask of you is that you wish me luck. I promise to post after pictures....hopefully in the next few days.

4 comments:

Marlyn said...

Good luck! Before pics????

Rachel said...

If I must, I will...but I'm already part way through and didn't take any before starting.

Marlyn said...

Off the hook this time but all projects require before and after! LOL

Rachel said...

LOL!!! I took pictures. Scary thought that I'm already part way done. I'll post them with the after in a few days...I hope.