Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mama, food is actually yummy after all

As per the doctor's orders, I have been trying every day to give Tom food that is technically considered "solid."  Yeah, I know...liquidy, pureed fruit, rice cereal made with formula or water, or heck, even breastmilk counts as "solid" food in this case.  He didn't like the rice cereal.  He didn't like the bananas.  He didn't like the pears that were even sweeter than the bananas.  We tried cereal again because I was being lazy and didn't feel like mashing a banana or steaming and blending a pear into a puree.  (Yep, I'm doing my best to make his food.  Poor Zach had to subsist on Gerber and Earth's Best.)  First spoon was a no go....second spoon was a maybe this isn't so bad.  And after that, he was just trying to figure out how to get the stuff off the spoon faster!  Woohoo!!!!  I know there really wasn't anything to worry about with him being so resistant.  But I feel so much better now that he's actually interested in something other than "booby-juice."  Don't get me wrong, I love nursing...but there's only so much I can handle when the boy wants to put his foot in my armpit, then curl his toes and pinch the skin, and pull my fingers out of joint while eating.

2 comments:

Marlyn said...

Try avocado! That was both my girls first food -- so good for them!

Rachel said...

I would, but they're already getting expensive around here again. If I can find a small one that isn't too much, I'll probably grab it.