Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Listening to little boys

While in and of itself, it's ear-piercing and head-splitting, it's so nice to hear my boys laugh and scream and giggle together. It means they are having fun and I don't have to worry about what they are doing....so long as there is no snack sitting out where Zach can get it and attempt to feed it to Tom. We're still working on that one. I'm glad he wants to share, but I really wish he'd share his toys rather than his sippy of milk or peanut butter sandwich. Yeah, Tom can't have those yet, little man.

1 comment:

Marlyn said...

Awww. I love when my girls just play together. I keep one ear tuned to

G: Poodle, put you dolly here. Okay?
A: Okay Greggie. Now you sit down.
G: Okay Poodle.
A: I'll pour the tea. Drink your tea Greggie. Drink it all.
G: Okay Poodle.

etc etc etc

It goes on for hours. Sometimes. Others...

G: NO POODLE! Give it back! It's mine. POOOOOODLE!
A: Stop it Greggie. I want it. Sit down. Leave me alone.
G: Just go away Poodle.

Then, I have to decide, intervene or let them work it out????

But then, sometimes, it's just clear one, usually Alex, but NOT always, has been just flat out nasty and beastly.

Ah, yes. Listening to little girls....