Friday, August 15, 2008

To Diaper, or not to diaper

Wow! I feel extraordinarily lucky when it comes to my elder son. He never really has been sick (knock on wood) and he's a generally happy guy. Now, I've heard and read stories about babies taking off diapers and playing with the contents of said diaper. I feel even more lucky that Zach hasn't done that...yet. But, during/after his nap yesterday and this morning when he got up, he took off his shorts and his diaper....full, but only wet! (Thank goodness for small things like that.) I didn't have to change his sheets...just his shirts. So, now I'm thinking, is he ready yet? Do you think I've asked him if he wants to get rid of those diapers? NOPE!!! He's still peeing in them, so not quite ready, I don't think. Soon, but just not yet. He's only recently started putting more than one word together to ask for things or tell me things. And I haven't heard the word "potty" come out of his mouth yet....but very soon.

No comments: