Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Economics, Anyone?

Yep, I'm going to attempt this again.  I finally figured out that being a SAHM just isn't enough for me.  I need something outside of my boys to keep me sane.  It appears that school is the way to go for me.  And, since UTD is the closest school of any kind, other than the community colleges, I will be attempting to actually finish the application process finally.  I've tried it twice now.  The first time was before we even knew Zach was going to join us, or before we had any inkling that we'd be moving to NOVA.

When we came back, I decided I'd make the attempt again.  And discovered I was pregnant with Tom.  I didn't think starting graduate school while pregnant was the best idea since I don't really do pregnant well.  And, I couldn't imagine myself going to any classes during Tom's first few months of life.  Well, life has calmed down a bit, and I feel like I can probably take on one class for the Spring semester...so, not until January.  That feels very far away right now, but I know that by the time I get all my ducks in a row for applying, I'll probably barely make it in before the application deadline.

And, if you hadn't already figured it out, my plan is to get my MS in Economics.  I don't know where I'll go from there, but I do know that I need something.  Something that will propel me in some sort of forward direction is good.  Staying at home has been wonderful.....most of the time.  I'm sure that all moms have had those days where they just didn't want to be needed for at least 3 hours in a row.  I haven't had that for quite some time, unless I was sleeping.  While sleep is a wonderful thing that we all need, it isn't enough "me time" since I don't always get to actually enjoy it long enough.  I can't remember the last time I actually got enough sleep.  OK, done rambling there.  I'm hoping that I can get a few of the undergrad courses under my belt and get back in the groove of having some sort of real schedule over the next few year.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Good for you! Now I need to get off my butt and register for classes.