Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poor Sleepy Little Guy

It's hard to believe that almost 6 months have passed since we met Tom for the first time. And, while I put in the title that he's a little guy, he's far from it. I don't have an official weight for him, but I got on the scale with him the other day and he's already pushing 20 lbs!!!! Dan and I bought a new car seat for him this past weekend so that we wouldn't be caught without one ready. It should last him a nice long time. We could switch it out now, but he can't sit up yet, and I really need him to be able to do that to make shopping a bit easier before we do that. The seat is able to stay rear facing until he's 35 lbs and forward facing until he's 70 lbs/8 years old. I don't know when he'll hit that 70 lb mark, but if he keeps going the way he is, it very well could be before he's 8. Yikes!

On to the title of the post. I think he's trying to give up his third nap, but failing pretty miserable at it. He keeps waking up very early from both his morning and his afternoon naps. Today, I finally just let him cry so that he'd get that all important third nap. It's always a short one, but he needs it or he calls it a day at 5!!! That's just not a good idea. Because when he does that, he inevitably wakes up at 5 AM for food. No thank you, sir. You've been sleeping through the night for way too long to start waking up at 5 to eat again.

Oh, and for those of you who actually come to the website, you can see that I added a flickr badge. Any pictures I have on Flickr that are marked public will show up there. And, you can click on them and it will take you to my Flickr photo. You can see all public photos there quite a bit bigger than on the badge. :)

No comments: