Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lysol headache

If the title didn't catch your attention, then you must not be paying much attention here.  So, we all know that Zach is learning to use the potty.  Well, yesterday, we moved his little potty into the bathroom and took the knob thing off the door so he could go in by himself.  The reason is twofold: 1) he was just sitting on the potty in front of the TV most of the day and 2) Tom kept putting toys in it and trying to take it apart.

Zach got used to emptying and washing it every time, and is coordinated enough for all of it alone.  And, he still announces that he is going potty, so I know he's in there.  I was distracted this morning and didn't realize how long he'd been in there by himself.  I had kept a can of the Lysol air freshener in that bathroom because it's the place where all the dirty dipes go...cloth and disposable.  Well, he found it.  And, he sprayed the entire contents on his head.  I nearly threw up on him 3 times while I gave him a bath.  I hope it doesn't make him sick.  I hope he didn't swallow any of it.  But, that bathroom certainly doesn't smell like dirty diapers.  Silver lining, right?

5 comments:

Marlyn said...

Yet another reason to go for a chem free house! Water mixed with vinegar, tea tree oil, lavender -- much better diaper area spray!

Rachel said...

I agree....it was just leftover and I didn't know what to do with it....Zach emptied the entire thing. The bathroom doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't really smell good right now either.

'Thea said...

Oh, wow! What a responsible boy. What a brave mommy!

Liz :) said...

Hey Rachel! This is the only way I see to be able to contact you? Anyway saw your comment on Cakewrecks as I was about to post that same thing! LOL I see you are in DFW, use cloth, and play WoW! I'm in Houston, use cloth, and play WoW! :P Very cool, let's chat! lizz7099 @ yahoo

simplysarah said...

The joys of potty-training! Hopefully Zach won't do what Kyle did....find interesting places to poop. NOT FUN.