Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm still giggling about it

Yesterday, Tom took a morning nap.  His first in roughly a week, but he's been sick, so not really unexpected.  He started waking up around 10....this is good.  He should take a decent afternoon nap.  Yay!!!  I'm walking down the hall to get him and this is the following conversation:

Zach: Where's my baby Tom?
Me: Tom is in his room.  I'm going to get him because he's awake now.
Zach: Where's my baby Tom?
Me: In his room.
Zach: Go get my baby Tom?
Me: Yes, we can get Tom up now.
Zach: I want to hold my baby Tom.
Me: OK, go sit on the floor in the living room, and I'll bring Tom to you.
(Zach sits on the floor in the hallway.)
Zach: I want to hold my baby Tom.
Me: Zach, go sit on the floor in the living room and I'll bring Tom out to you.
(Zach goes to the living room and watches me walk toward him with Tom.)
Zach: I want to hold my baby Tom.
Me: OK, here you go.  Be gentle.

Amazingly enough, I put Tom on the floor between Zach's legs and he put up with Zach hugging him from behind.  It was so adorable...but I couldn't find the dang camera.  I do know where it is now.  (Thank you, Dan!!!)  They stayed that way until almost lunchtime.

1 comment: