Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm not the only one who keeps chaning my mind

So, a few posts ago, I mentioned that we are getting the house in sellable condition. That is still true! But, Dan still thinks it makes more sense (or thinks again that it makes more sense) to make the addition to the house. We are getting an estimate not just on the garage, but doing a little work on the kitchen as well. It certainly won't happen at the same time (unless we win the lottery, but then, we'd probably just move anyway).

Adding an extra living area would make this house more livable for us. But, I still don't like this house enough to call it my forever home. It just may be a few more years (lottery winning being the only exception I can see in the near future) before we actually find a new place. I will be much more picky about certain things that I didn't know I needed to be picky about. Not just the size of the kitchen, but the layout! Not just the size of the bedrooms, but where they are actually located!!! You get the picture.

3 comments:

Marlyn said...

It's hard to know what's good and bad about a house until you live in it. There are some "dumb" things about my house that had I thought about before we bought would have turned me off. Good thing I didn't think too much and went with the "feeling" the whole place inspired because those dumb things aren't so dumb, as it turns out (for example, who has a master bedroom off a kitchen????) LOL

One think I LOVE is a single story home. I grew up in a two-story built in the 1840's and always thought two stories were a MUST. I wouldn't trade my small "ranch" for anything!

Good luck with it all.

Rachel said...

We actually went with our guts when we bought this place, but I think we were both pretty sure that we'd need something just a bit bigger once we started actually having kids. Maybe, if we can afford it, the addition will be enough to make the house work for us for several more years, with a few minor adjustments to other rooms....like new counters in the kitchen and a better pantry.

Rachel said...

Oh, and as for the bedrooms...I just want split bedrooms....not a fan of having them all right next to each other.